My name is Becca, I am a 25 year old Australian who often reads way too many books at once. I am the face behind bec&bones which was established in September 2017.
I write book reviews and other book-related content because that’s what I am into! Long story short, I love anything related to the literary world and so I dabble in reviewing, blogging, book sniffing, and building book forts.
Other facts about me?
- I am currently enrolled in a Masters of Information Studies
- My aspiration is to work within the library/information/data collection industry
- I live at home with my furbaby, India
- I can almost always be found with a cup of coffee or matcha tea on my desk
Support and Affiliations
I am an overwhelmingly strong advocate for supporting literature in Australia, in particular young adult literature and the movement of LoveOzYA.
I also wholeheartedly support the creation diverse literature, and the publication of diverse authors, and encourage all readers to delve into stories that share and support diversity.
Diverse book = Set in a non-western world or inspired by a non-western world; or with a main character who is non-white, LGBTQ+; and/or disabled (physical, sensory, intellectual, psychological and addiction)
I have a personal passion for literature that includes mental health and bisexual representation. This passion has grown from personal experiences and therefore I provide ownvoice reviews on these publications when possible.
I am also a big supporter of the newly founded Rainbow Reads Book Club, which was founded by Alyssa @Pucks and Paperbacks. This online book club promotes and discusses a new YA LGBTQ+ book every month. You can check out more information here!
Please note that while I strongly support and promote the creation of diverse and Australian content, this will not mean my reviews will always be positive. I aim to be honest and critical in my reviews and discussion of all books, no matter their genre, inclusion, author, or publisher.
If you want to keep up with the going ons of bec&bones you may want to do some of the following:
- Click the follow button on the right side of this blog (this will keep you updated via email)
- If you are a WordPress user, click on the follow button in the bottom right hand corner
- Add me to your RSS feed; just copy my main URL and paste into your Add Content area to find me
- Follow me on Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, and/or Listography! (all links underneath the blog header)